☀️ What’s in your sunscreen?☀️
Traditional sunscreens (non mineral) contain ingredients that can be harmful to you – disrupting our hormones, interfering with our endocrine system, aggravating our skin – and harm our environment.
Broad spectrum, mineral-based sunscreen offers protection from both UVA rays (which penetrates the skin) and UVB rays (sunburn). If your label doesn’t mention both, you may have zero protection from UVA rays.
Stress reliever? Comfort food? Scarcity of bread in the stores?
Who knows the reason, but the response is clear – legions of people are using this increased time at home to bake.
Artisan breads, sourdoughs, scones, buns and more! Our customers are in the mood for some baked goodness and we’ve got what you need to bake your next Pinterest-worthy bread creation.
Yeast – Instant Yeast and Dry Active Yeast
- Active dry yeast and instant yeast both help leaven bread and provide an airy, light texture, but they do so in slightly different ways and there’s one major difference in how you use them: Active dry yeast needs to be dissolved in water before using, while instant yeast can be mixed right into dry ingredients.
Flour – all purpose, bread, whole wheat and more
- All Purpose Flour, also known as refined flour or simply flour, is made from wheat grains after removing the brown covering. It is then milled, refined and bleached. It has a light texture and high gluten strength well suited for baking cookies, muffins, bread and cakes.
- Bread flour is a high-protein flour that typically contains between 12 and 14% protein and is designed for baking yeasted breads. The high protein content means that bread flour has more gluten in it, which makes the dough more elastic and light and results in a chewy and airy texture when baked.
- Whole–wheat flour is made from hard red spring or winter wheat, which has a nutty, hearty taste. It provides more fiber and other nutrients than all-purpose flour.
Gluten Free options (many more options)
- Almond flour is made from almonds, which have been blanched and ground to a fine meal that is ideal for gluten free baking.
- Gluten Free All Purpose baking flour is a versatile gluten free flour blend, without xanthan gum or guar gum. Mix is made with a variety of bean flours, starches and other flours.
- 1-to-1 baking flour is a special blend of gluten free flours and starches includes xanthan gum and is ideal for food like cookies, cakes, brownies, muffins, pancakes and more.
Nutritional doctors and dieticians tell us everybody should take vinegar regularly. A huge percentage of the population can not stand the taste of apple cider vinegar. We decided to make a better tasting vinegar.
Maple Bee Honey vinegar is produced on a family farm in Clarington, Ontario, using 100% raw unpasteurized Canadian honey. When creating the vinegar they use a constant process that gives the same quality in every batch. The only variation is the honey. The honey is the natural ingredient that changes with the season but it does not affect the vinegar.
Benefits of Honey Vinegar
⇨ Relieves Acid Reflux
⇨ May Lower Cholesterol
⇨ Relief of Leg Cramps
⇨ Minimizes Acne & Dandruff
⇨ Helps with Overall Digestion
⇨ Reduces Inflammation and Joint Pain
⇨ Balances PH
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
⇨ Take 1 tbsp in warm water, morning and night (Amount of water can vary)
⇨ Tastes great on roasted potatoes and boiled eggs
⇨ When baking, use it in your pastries
⇨ Make your own homemade salad dressing
⇨ For acne/dandruff you may ingest & use topically
⇨ Add it to your water bottle to flavour & quench thirst
⇨ Use it as a marinade or for pickling
NEW!!! Lavender Moon Mylk by Botanica Health is the perfect way to unwind for a peaceful night’s sleep. Moon Mylk is naturally sweetened and free from artificial ingredients. Made from a whole
food blend of Ashwagandha, Coconut, Dates, Lavender Tea, and Tart Cherry. Simply whisk one teaspoon into a cup of warm nut milk before bedtime. Pairs well with a cozy blanket, a good book and a few deep, slow breaths.
Interested in learning more? Botanica is hosting a LIFE CHANGING Webinar on sleep & how to improve your sleep quality. We highly recommend that you tune into this one and Sleep Your Way to Better Health!
Title: Sleep Your Way to Better Health
Description: Did you know that 40% of Canadians suffer from sleep disorders? Getting QUALITY sleep is the KEY to healing & recovering from chronic health issues. Please join Dr. Miranda Wiley to learn the FIVE key steps to help improve your sleep-wake cycle by signing up for our 30 min webinar that will help you sleep your way to better health!
Confirmed dates: Thursday, Oct 24th 11:00 am
A 30-minute webinar- with 10 minutes for questions!
Signup link: https://botanicahealth.com/sleep/
- Certified organic & Non-GMO
- Gluten free, dairy free, and soy free
- Sugar free and stevia free
- Free from artificial ingredients
Our produce department is bursting with fresh, locally-grown, organic vegetables including salad turnips, from Terramor Farm.
Unlike the classic turnip, it’s soft enough to cut with a butter knife. It is sweet with a touch of a bite like the classic turnip. And the greens are great to eat, too!
Salad turnips can be eaten as you would a radish. Slice thinly and toss in a salad, sprinkle with salt and add to a sandwich or wrap. Or, try a simple recipe like this, adapted from Things I made Today.
- 1 lb salad turnips, cleaned and cut into 1 inch thick wedges, and greens chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter/avocado oil/coconut oil
- splash of white wine vinegar
Melt butter or oil in a heavy pan. Add turnips and cook until nicely browned on all sides. Toss in turnip greens until wilted (couple minutes). Remove from pan and add a dash of salt and vinegar.