Organic week – celebrated September 16-24 – is the largest annual celebration of organic food, farming and products across Canada!
Why choose organic? What does organic mean? Take a look at this infographic for these and more answers.
Looking for even more info on choosing organic? Take a look at the Organic Week website for contests, where to buy organic, a quiz to test your knowledge and all kinds of information on what choosing organic can mean for all of us.
You may have noticed a few changes around here… products are moving and new shelves are going up! This is all in an effort to bring you more, great products in bulk – spices and snacks and baking aids… oh my!
We appreciate your patience during this process and are happy to help you find products if you can’t find something.
Take advantage of some of your favourite brands on sale from September 1-16, like:
- GT’s Kombucha – 3/$10
- Nutiva virgin coconut oil, 2.3L – $31.99
- Health First® ProBio Supreme, 60 caps – $54.99
- NOW® Amino Acids – 20% off
- Host Defense® Supplements – 10% off
- KIJU Organic 1L and juiceboxes – 2/$5
- Ener-C™ 1000mg Vitamin C, assorted flavours, 30 packets – $14.99
- Upgraded collagen, 454g – $44.99
- XCT oil, 473ml – $16.99
- Brain Octane oil, 473ml – $26.99
- Made Good™, select varieties, 5 x 24 g – $3.99
- Love Child organic purees, select varieties – 3/$5
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, 946ml – 2/$4
- Bach Rescue Remedy – 20% off
- Health First® Cal-Mag Supreme + K2, 450ml – $19.99
- so much more!
Dandelion Foods is an independent, employee-owned organic grocer and supplements store in Almonte, Ontario. With a focus on our community, we offer the best in whole, local and organic foods, as well as alternative foods for specialty diets.
We are currently looking for a part-time Supplements Assistant with a background in Holistic Nutrition. The position is for 20 hours per week, with the possibility for more in future.
Deadline for application is July 31, 2017.
For this position we require someone who is personable, and has:
- Strong natural health product knowledge
- Post-Secondary Education — preferably Holistic Nutrition, Homeopathy or Naturopathy
- Minimum of one year’s experience in retail, sales and customer service
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a very fast-paced environment.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Providing customer service: answering customer inquiries, guiding customers through our wide variety of supplements, making appropriate recommendations, offering some protocol support and dietary suggestions as well
- Operating cash registers, scales, scanners, and point of sales systems
- Maintaining a professional relationship with our company representatives and co-workers
- Inventory and merchandising procedures: receiving, processing, and organizing inventory
- Prompt communication with management and coworkers
- Cleaning and organizing
- Maintaining excellent product knowledge: attending company and product webinars, tele-trainings, and dinner trainings.
Please send your resume/CV with cover letter to: email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Dandelion Foods team
Join us for our fourth annual DandyFest – Dandelion Foods’ annual summer party not to be missed! This free, all-ages event celebrates local food, healthy living and community. Sample from over 25 producers offering local food, drink and health products.
Plus, there will be:
– Goodie bags for the first 50 customers
– 10% discount, off all purchases* and prizes all day!
– BBQ featuring grass-fed beef or veggie burgers
– Music from George Turcotte and Peter Brown
– Kids activities