Effective immediately, our bulk department is no longer self-service and we will no longer accept re-usable containers for bulk purchases. However, we would have happy to serve you with your bulk purchases. Please ask a staff member for assistance.
Our local delivery and curbside pickup options have proved to be very popular and we’re trying to make it easier for you and for us! (Please see our latest COVID-19 Update here.)
You can now order online using a simple form that is organized by the major departments (e.g. Fruit, Vegetables, Freezer, Dairy, Body Care etc.).
Once your order is ready, we will contact you to clarify any questions and to process your payment over the phone with either VISA or MasterCard. We can typically complete your order within 24 hours.
Delivery slots are available Monday – Friday from 2 – 4pm and curbside pickup is available daily. We will confirm what’s possible when we confirm your order with you.
As we are experiencing a higher-than-normal amount of orders, we ask that you send in your orders by 10am if you’d like to have them filled that day.
For an easy-to-use format for ordering, click here.
YES WE ARE OPEN!
During these stressful and uncertain times, we want to be able to provide a safe environment so that we can continue to serve our community. As such, and effective immediately, we will be be implementing various changes to our store procedures, outlined below. Please check back often, as the situation is changing quickly and we’re doing our best to accommodate these changes.
- DO NOT enter if you are feeling unwell with cough, fever or a runny nose OR have traveled in the past 14 days
- Instead, send a healthy friend with your list or ask us about delivery or curbside pickup
- Please try to maintain a safe distance from staff and your fellow customers.
- We will accept cash, but please consider paying by debit or credit card.
To support the health and safety of our staff, customers and, we are implementing enhanced in store procedures immediately:
- Enhanced Cleaning Protocols: Our staff will be taking extra measures to ensure high contact surfaces are subject to routine cleaning. This includes the handles on baskets, carts and cooler doors, pinpads and bulk handles throughout the store. Additionally, we have provided gloves and surface cleaner at the entrance to the store – please use at your convenience.
- Stock Levels: We are working with our distributors on increasing inventory, especially of staple items. We continue to receive stock, but cannot guarantee to receive everything we have ordered. Please be mindful by not stocking up unnecessarily.
- Accepted payment: We will accept cash, but please consider paying by debit or credit card.
- In-store features: We have suspended all in-store sampling and all supplement and health and beauty product testers will be removed. In some cases, staff are able to provide you with samples – please ask for assistance. Additionally, we have put away the children’s toys that were available.
- In-store events: We have suspended all in-store demos and workshops until further notice.
- Additional features: We recently installed plexiglass barriers at both cashes for your protection and that of our staff. Our staff are following the Public Health recommendations on hand washing, wellness checks for themselves, and social distancing.
NEW STORE HOURS
MONDAY to FRIDAY: 9a.m. to 6 pm
SATURDAY: 9a.m. to 5p.m.
SUNDAY: 11a.m. to 5p.m.
DELIVERIES, CURBSIDE PICK AND CASH PICKUP
Thanks to everyone for your patience as we quickly rolled out new services for those that are unable to come into store to shop.
To manage growing order volumes for this new service, please follow these steps to ensure your order is received:
- Please email your order to email@example.com. We will be checking our emails 2-3 times per day.
- Please be as specific as possible and include:
- dietary restrictions (gluten/dairy free);
- whether substitutions are accepted;
- quantities of items;
- whether this will be a curbside or cash pickup or delivery; and
- any timing restrictions for order to be filled.
- Once we open your email, we’ll send you a reply to say that it was received.
- Once your order is ready, we’ll call you to clarify any questions and to process your payment over the phone with either VISA or MasterCard.
- **Currently, we’re unable to provide delivery on Saturday and Sundays.
The Dandelion Foods Team
Tru Earth Certifications
- Free of added dyes
- Free of chlorine bleach
- Free of 1,4-dioxane, as certified by independent laboratory tests
- Readily biodegradable in accordance with OECD 310D
- Hypoallergenic, certified by independent dermatologists
- Vegan: no animal-based ingredients or testing on animals by us or our ingredient suppliers
We’re still getting some great locally-grown, organic produce delivered weekly, like these deliciously sweet carrots from Terramor Farm. Here’s a great, warming recipe that will let these beautiful carrots shine (and warm your belly).
Creamy, Gluten Free, Vegan Carrot Soup
- 1.5 cups of carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp teaspoon curry powder
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth (gluten free)
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add vegetables, curry powder and broth to soup pot and bring to boil. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then puree in a blender, working in batches if needed.
- Return to the heat and stir in coconut milk until well combined.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cilantro, basil or toasted pumpkin seeds
Live Blood Cell Analysis is an excellent tool for establishing areas of imbalance and risk factors for future illness.
Sign up for your live cell 25 minute session with Andrea McMurtry for only $45 (taxes incl.). Andrea will be holding regular sessions at Dandelion Foods.
To book an appointment:
451 Ottawa Street, Almonte
Learn more at www.andreamcmurtry.com