☀️ What’s in your sunscreen?☀️
Traditional sunscreens (non mineral) contain ingredients that can be harmful to you – disrupting our hormones, interfering with our endocrine system, aggravating our skin – and harm our environment.
Broad spectrum, mineral-based sunscreen offers protection from both UVA rays (which penetrates the skin) and UVB rays (sunburn). If your label doesn’t mention both, you may have zero protection from UVA rays.
To our cherished customers
We are honoured to be an essential service for you and your family and able to continue to provide natural, safe and effective health solutions each day. As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we are keeping pace with recommendations from health officials and acting accordingly.
We will strive to continue to provide excellent customer service in a clean and safe environment for our customers and staff.
At the same time, we’ll continue to offer local products, unique offerings and specials on food, drink and wellness products. Please see our May flyer for some of these great savings.
Stress reliever? Comfort food? Scarcity of bread in the stores?
Who knows the reason, but the response is clear – legions of people are using this increased time at home to bake.
Artisan breads, sourdoughs, scones, buns and more! Our customers are in the mood for some baked goodness and we’ve got what you need to bake your next Pinterest-worthy bread creation.
Yeast – Instant Yeast and Dry Active Yeast
- Active dry yeast and instant yeast both help leaven bread and provide an airy, light texture, but they do so in slightly different ways and there’s one major difference in how you use them: Active dry yeast needs to be dissolved in water before using, while instant yeast can be mixed right into dry ingredients.
Flour – all purpose, bread, whole wheat and more
- All Purpose Flour, also known as refined flour or simply flour, is made from wheat grains after removing the brown covering. It is then milled, refined and bleached. It has a light texture and high gluten strength well suited for baking cookies, muffins, bread and cakes.
- Bread flour is a high-protein flour that typically contains between 12 and 14% protein and is designed for baking yeasted breads. The high protein content means that bread flour has more gluten in it, which makes the dough more elastic and light and results in a chewy and airy texture when baked.
- Whole–wheat flour is made from hard red spring or winter wheat, which has a nutty, hearty taste. It provides more fiber and other nutrients than all-purpose flour.
Gluten Free options (many more options)
- Almond flour is made from almonds, which have been blanched and ground to a fine meal that is ideal for gluten free baking.
- Gluten Free All Purpose baking flour is a versatile gluten free flour blend, without xanthan gum or guar gum. Mix is made with a variety of bean flours, starches and other flours.
- 1-to-1 baking flour is a special blend of gluten free flours and starches includes xanthan gum and is ideal for food like cookies, cakes, brownies, muffins, pancakes and more.
Effective immediately, our bulk department is no longer self-service and we will no longer accept re-usable containers for bulk purchases. However, we would have happy to serve you with your bulk purchases. Please ask a staff member for assistance.
Our local delivery and curbside pickup options have proved to be very popular and we’re trying to make it easier for you and for us! (Please see our latest COVID-19 Update here.)
You can now order online using a simple form that is organized by the major departments (e.g. Fruit, Vegetables, Freezer, Dairy, Body Care etc.).
Once your order is ready, we will contact you to clarify any questions and to process your payment over the phone with either VISA or MasterCard. We can typically complete your order within 24 hours.
Delivery slots are available Monday – Friday from 2 – 4pm and curbside pickup is available daily. We will confirm what’s possible when we confirm your order with you.
As we are experiencing a higher-than-normal amount of orders, we ask that you send in your orders by 10am if you’d like to have them filled that day.
For an easy-to-use format for ordering, click here.
YES WE ARE OPEN!
During these stressful and uncertain times, we want to be able to provide a safe environment so that we can continue to serve our community. As such, and effective immediately, we will be be implementing various changes to our store procedures, outlined below. Please check back often, as the situation is changing quickly and we’re doing our best to accommodate these changes.
- DO NOT enter if you are feeling unwell with cough, fever or a runny nose OR have traveled in the past 14 days
- Instead, send a healthy friend with your list or ask us about delivery or curbside pickup
- Please try to maintain a safe distance from staff and your fellow customers.
- We will accept cash, but please consider paying by debit or credit card.
To support the health and safety of our staff, customers and, we are implementing enhanced in store procedures immediately:
- Enhanced Cleaning Protocols: Our staff will be taking extra measures to ensure high contact surfaces are subject to routine cleaning. This includes the handles on baskets, carts and cooler doors, pinpads and bulk handles throughout the store. Additionally, we have provided gloves and surface cleaner at the entrance to the store – please use at your convenience.
- Stock Levels: We are working with our distributors on increasing inventory, especially of staple items. We continue to receive stock, but cannot guarantee to receive everything we have ordered. Please be mindful by not stocking up unnecessarily.
- Accepted payment: We will accept cash, but please consider paying by debit or credit card.
- In-store features: We have suspended all in-store sampling and all supplement and health and beauty product testers will be removed. In some cases, staff are able to provide you with samples – please ask for assistance. Additionally, we have put away the children’s toys that were available.
- In-store events: We have suspended all in-store demos and workshops until further notice.
- Additional features: We recently installed plexiglass barriers at both cashes for your protection and that of our staff. Our staff are following the Public Health recommendations on hand washing, wellness checks for themselves, and social distancing.
NEW STORE HOURS
MONDAY to FRIDAY: 9a.m. to 6 pm
SATURDAY: 9a.m. to 5p.m.
SUNDAY: 11a.m. to 5p.m.
DELIVERIES, CURBSIDE PICK AND CASH PICKUP
Thanks to everyone for your patience as we quickly rolled out new services for those that are unable to come into store to shop.
To manage growing order volumes for this new service, please follow these steps to ensure your order is received:
- Please email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be checking our emails 2-3 times per day.
- Please be as specific as possible and include:
- dietary restrictions (gluten/dairy free);
- whether substitutions are accepted;
- quantities of items;
- whether this will be a curbside or cash pickup or delivery; and
- any timing restrictions for order to be filled.
- Once we open your email, we’ll send you a reply to say that it was received.
- Once your order is ready, we’ll call you to clarify any questions and to process your payment over the phone with either VISA or MasterCard.
- **Currently, we’re unable to provide delivery on Saturday and Sundays.
The Dandelion Foods Team