Welcome to Dandelion Foods – a full service organic grocer and supplements store in Almonte, Ontario. With a focus on our community, we offer the best in whole, local and organic foods, as well as alternative foods for specialty diets.
We’re looking for a customer-service oriented person to join our growing team at Dandelion Foods. As Full-Time Grocery Clerk, your responsibilities would be to ensure the highest level of service possible to all Dandelion Foods customers while assisting in all departments.
We’re looking to fill 30-35 hours/week. Please send a resume here.
- Cash coverage
- Stock shelves and displays
- Rotate older stock and review for short-dated items
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs
- Keep back stock areas in order; assist buyer determine out-of-stocks
- Check deliveries to verify piece count and any damaged items
- Help with special orders
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Able to multi-task and remain flexible to the changing needs of the business
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Familiarity with MS Office and Point of Sale systems
- Previous customer service experience
- Team player
Physical Demands of Position:
- Ability to lift/push/pull/carry up to 30 pounds frequently; 30-50+ pounds occasionally
- Manual dexterity with ability to use hands, wrists, and fingers for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, crouch for extended periods of time
- Regular exposure to working in refrigerated and frozen environments
Fast- paced retail floor environment. Required to perform many tasks with emphasis on upholding department and product standards while ensuring a high level of friendly and community-oriented customer service.
GYMS AND YOGA STUDIOS ARE REOPENING!
It’s time to get back to the gym or attend a local fitness or yoga class! You’ll feel great and support a local business – it’s a win-win!!
To celebrate, we’re having a SALE on protein powders and collagen, to help support your body as you get you back to your exercise routine (whether at the gym, home or outdoors).
See the full flyer here!
Our monthly flyer contains all the currently monthly features as well as some other goodies for you to enjoy!
See our latest flyer here!
Join Pure Lab Vitamins founder and formulator Cyrus Kuhzarani, R.Phm. for an in-depth webinar followed by Q&A.
When: June 16, 2021
Magnesium: Nature’s Antidote to Constipation?
1 in 4 Canadians experience symptoms of constipation according to the Canadian Digestive Health Foundation.
- What is a normal bowel movement?
- How do supplements and medications contribute to chronic constipation?
- What are the safe and effective natural treatments we can use to treat constipation?
Having an iron deficiency, or in severe cases, anemia, can be detrimental to athletic performance and overall health. It limits the body’s capacity to carry and deliver oxygen, thus stunting potential maximal oxygen uptake (VO2 max) or work capacity. Poor iron status is also associated with higher blood lactate concentrations during exercise.
Iron is a trace mineral that is also highly significant to endurance athletes. Iron is critical to optimal athletic performance because of its role in energy metabolism, oxygen transport, and acid-base balance.
Read the full article here…
Adapted from Lara Clevenger
- 8 cooking dates, pitted
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 2 servings chocolate protein powder (vegan or whey)
- 2 tablespoons liquid (milk, non-dairy milk, water)
Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor and add liquid until dough sticks together. Remove and start to form into balls (should yield about 15). Store in a container in the fridge.