Join Dandelion Foods on Sunday, Nov. 26 for Fibrefair – Health and Wellness Fair, an event from the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum.
If you are someone who’s interested in Health and Wellness (and all of us should be) and would like to attend an enlightening, educational, and uplifting day, mark your calendars because this is an event you won’t want to miss, and admission is FREE! And while you’re here, get some Christmas shopping done too! What better gift to give to yourself and those you love than health and wellness!
Sunday, November 26
10a.m. to 4p.m.
3 Rosamond St E
Almonte, Ontario K0A 1A0
Lorna Vanderhaeghe’s focus has always been on your health. Her line of women’s supplements are designed to empower women to take control of their health.
Meet, and learn from, company representative Dana Mills as well as sample from the following in the Lorna Vanderhaeghe line of products:
- Active Collagen: Reduces the number of deep wrinkles and improves the moisture content of the skin
- IronSmart: Highly absorbable liposomal iron for your daily iron needs; delicious caramel flavor
- MagSmart: Supports the heart, nervous system and cellular energy, relieves muscle cramps and supports healthy muscle function
- Regular Girl Prebiotic & Probiotic blend: Provides relief from constipation and diarrhea, treats irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), aids weight loss and won’t cause bloating or excess gas
Get a FREE copy of our Healthy Holiday Magazine, featuring recipes, a gift giving guide, and tips to surviving the holiday season!
View the Magazine: www.healthfirstnetwork.ca/holiday-magazine
It’s contest time! Enter for your chance to WIN a holiday gift basket stocked full of products from our Healthy Holiday Magazine, valued at $150! Plus, come in and pick up your copy of the magazine in-store today!
ENTER NOW at www.healthfirstnetwork.ca/giveaway
Contest runs until Dec 16, 2017.
Our November flyer is hot off the press and it’s full of products and information about giving stress the one-two punch! Get your copy in-store or follow the link to read it online.
Great savings on products like GT’s Kombucha – 3/$10, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze – 2/$4, Prairie Naturals Vitamin D3, Califia Farms almond milks, Crofter’s Organic just fruit jams and more!!!
Let’s face it, mornings are hectic. I (Meg) have 2 kids to ready breakfast, pack lunches for, pick out clothes (or edit what they’ve chose these days), and organize backpacks. True, I could do it the night before, but that’s not me. Since following a paleo diet a few years ago, I needed a go-to breakfast that I could pack and eat at the bus stop or when I got to the store. These egg breakfast muffins fit the bill and can use up whatever is in your fridge.
The basis for this is always the same and what I add in depends on what I’m in the mood for, or what I need to get rid of in the fridge.
- 10-12 large eggs (preferably organic free-range)
- 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4″ half moons
- 1 leek, sliced in 1/2 rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 6 medium brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large handful cilantro, chopped
- 6 strips bacon, almost completely cooked and sliced
- coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- salt, pinch
- pepper, pinch
- cheese (optional) – 1/2 cup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat coconut oil on medium in pan (I use cast-iron – love them!!!) until melted. Saute garlic until soft, then add mushrooms and leeks. Cook 3 minutes. Add zucchini and cook an additional 3 minutes until all veggies are tender. Set aside to cool.
Whisk eggs in large bowl and, when veggies are cooled, add to eggs. Add bacon, salt, pepper, cilantro and cheese (if using).
Grease muffin tins with coconut oil and pour mixture into cups until 3/4 filled.
Bake until muffins are firm. Let cool and then remove and enjoy!!