Ingredients (from MarthaStewart.com)
- 6 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 cups olive/avocado/grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 can (15oz) butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Combine celery, fennel, zucchini, oil, vinegar, and beans in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour. Stir in almonds and season with more salt and pepper just before serving.
Our monthly flyer contains all the currently monthly features as well as some other goodies for you to enjoy!
See the full flyer here!
Time to mix up your smoothie game with these 3 delicious, nutrient-packed recipes. Plus, save 15% on all Botanica products (April 1-30, 2022)!!
NUTRIENT-RICH CHOCOLATE ALMOND SMOOTHIE
This delicious and rich-tasting smoothie is super full of nutrients. So good it could double as a dessert! Serves 2
- 2 to 3 dates, pitted
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups (500 mL) almond milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) almond butter
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp (0.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Botanica Chocolate Perfect Protein
- Chop dates into fine pieces and soak in ¼ cup (60 mL) warm water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and place in a blender with remaining ingredients and whirl until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish.
TROPICAL CLEANSING GREEN SMOOTHIE
For a healthy smoothie, this mixture comes full with 5 servings of vegetables and delicious fruit plus healthy omega 3 from ground flax. Serves 2
- 2 cups (500 mL) coconut milk
- 2 scoops Botanica Berry Perfect Greens
- 1 large banana, frozen, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground flax
- Whirl ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish.
C-BLAST IMMUNE-BOOSTING SMOOTHIE
This delicious smoothie is packed with protein and vitamin C to help get you back on track. Serves 1
- 1 scoop Botanica Vanilla Perfect Protein
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced fresh or frozen pineapple
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh or frozen orange juice
- ½ cup (125 mL) non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 or 3 ice cubes, optional
- Whirl all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish.
Salus Red Beet Crystals are not only super healthy for you, but they are also very versatile! In this recipe for Vanilla Beet Waffles, they help create a nutritious recipe, but also a beautiful feast for the eyes!
In a blender, or by hand, thoroughly mix together the following:
- 1 Tbsp Salus Red Beet Soluble Crystals into 1-1/3 cups of milk (or a non-dairy alternative)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
In large bowl, whisk together the following:
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or a gluten free alternative)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
Add wet mixture into dry mixture and mix just enough to combine.
Add to waffle iron and enjoy!
Enjoy 15% off Salus brand products until Oct. 31, 2021!
#beets #antioxidants #Recipes #wellness #madeincanada #Detox #liverhealth #asthma #heartdisease
We’re excited to announce the launch of Health First’s new Family First line of natural health supplements. The Family First line checks all of the boxes for busy parents:
- Dosing for everyone in the family
- Highly absorbable nutrients
- Clean ingredients and sweeteners
- Really good tasting liquids and chewables
- A little healthy fun for the whole family (each bottle includes a fun trivia question)
With the new Family First product line, it’s just one product for the whole family. Parents just got (a little) less busy.