There over 100 different forms of Autoimmune (AI) Disease and roughly 60 million North Americans suffering from at least one of them; making AI Disease one of the most prevalent health conditions today.
This presentation will dive into evidence-based, natural approaches to addressing and reversing the 5 root causes that ALL AI diseases share.
The 5 Roots are: Diet, Gut Issues, Infections, Inflammation, Stress
Without you, there would be no us!! Join us on Saturday, October 26 as we celebrate you, our customers, with prizes, discounts and samples.
- 10% off all purchases from 10a.m – 2p.m.;
- Goody bags for the first 25 customers through the cash;
- Samples from a variety of producers;
- Little Mississippi Juice Company – offering insanely tasty and healthy fresh cold-pressed juice, made right here in Mississippi Mills. They make getting your recommended five daily servings of fresh fruit and vegetables a snap!
- Carb Smart Express – Ottawa’s producers of healthy low-carb, paleo & keto friendly foods
- Les Fougeres – all-natural, oven ready, chef-made take home foods made at the award-winning restaurant Les Fougeres, in Chelsea Quebec
- AOR – evidenced-based & research backed nutritional supplements from one of Canada’s most trusted as well as innovative nutraceutical companies. Sampling: Magnesium Synergy
- County Fare – No sugar preserves, ketchup and barbeque sauce made in Prince Edward County
- rND Bakery -Most people struggle with the taste and texture of gluten free bread. Our bakery has developed a rigorous method to create gluten-free bread you will love.
- Progressive Nutritional – A line of supplements and superfoods for you and your family to be vibrant and live younger. Each product is created with the assistance of renowned naturopath Dr. Mikhael Adams B.Sc., ND. Sampling: VegeGreens, Complete Collagen
- Iron Vegan – Range of plan-based supplements that are exceptionally clean and nutritious. Contain no unnecessary fillers or artificial flavours, colours or sweeteners of any kind. Sampling: NEW!! Salted Caramel flavoured Iron Vegan Sprouted protein
- Lorna Vanderhaeghe – Innovative natural health products specifically designed for women’s health needs. Sampling: Active Collagen, Magsmart, Regular Girl
- Pure Lab Vitamins – Replenish your body with Canadian Manufactured natural health products – Magnesium Glycinate, Carbonyl Iron, L-Theanine, Alkapure, Bioactive B, and more!
- Skin Essence – 100% Natural-Organic skin care line specifically created to be a healthy and nourishing alternative for the body’s largest organ, the skin. At Skin Essence, we believe strongly in natural healing and the benefits that nature’s extracts, essential oils and minerals can offer. Sampling: full product line
- more to come!
Hopefully, like me, you have a fridge full of leftovers from your Thanksgiving meal. After the requisite turkey soup, pot pies and sandwiches, what will you do with the leftover turkey?? How about giving something different a try with this delicious recipe adapted from Cindy’s Table.
Ready in: 30 minutes
For those following a ketogenic diet, use shirataki or kelp noodles. For those on a paleo diet, try swapping out the pasta for spaghetti squash.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped (finely)
- 1 celery stalks, chopped (finely)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup leftover butternut squash or sweet potato mash
- 2 cups cooked turkey, white/dark combinations (shredded)
- 1 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup broth (veggie, turkey, chicken)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring pan to medium heat and add oil. Add carrots, celery and onion and cook for about 4 minutes stirring often with a wooden spoon. Add garlic and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add in leftover butternut squash or sweet potato mash and stir into the vegetables.
- Add in shredded turkey and crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil
- Add paste, stirring to ensure it dissolves into the sauce.
- Pour in broth and stir in seasonings.
- Cover, reduce to a medium/low heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings as needed and enjoy with pasta or suitable substitute.
Too often women are misdiagnosed when it comes to heart attacks. Jaw pain, severe indigestion and numbness or tingling are seen as non- life threatening symptoms and the female patient is sent home with a suggestion to use antacids.
Learn why women’s physiology can hinder proper diagnosis and what are the warning signs you should not dismiss!
- Female specific risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- Simple changes you can make to diet and lifestyle
- Best supplements to support cardiovascular health
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Location: 451 Ottawa Street, Almonte, ON K0A 1A0
Cost: FREE (registration is required)
NEW!!! Lavender Moon Mylk by Botanica Health is the perfect way to unwind for a peaceful night’s sleep. Moon Mylk is naturally sweetened and free from artificial ingredients. Made from a whole
food blend of Ashwagandha, Coconut, Dates, Lavender Tea, and Tart Cherry. Simply whisk one teaspoon into a cup of warm nut milk before bedtime. Pairs well with a cozy blanket, a good book and a few deep, slow breaths.
Interested in learning more? Botanica is hosting a LIFE CHANGING Webinar on sleep & how to improve your sleep quality. We highly recommend that you tune into this one and Sleep Your Way to Better Health!
Title: Sleep Your Way to Better Health
Description: Did you know that 40% of Canadians suffer from sleep disorders? Getting QUALITY sleep is the KEY to healing & recovering from chronic health issues. Please join Dr. Miranda Wiley to learn the FIVE key steps to help improve your sleep-wake cycle by signing up for our 30 min webinar that will help you sleep your way to better health!
Confirmed dates: Thursday, Oct 24th 11:00 am
A 30-minute webinar- with 10 minutes for questions!
Signup link: https://botanicahealth.com/sleep/
- Certified organic & Non-GMO
- Gluten free, dairy free, and soy free
- Sugar free and stevia free
- Free from artificial ingredients
Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Health Science
Fermentation has been traditionally used to preserve fresh foods and improve their shelf life, increase nutrient density, and enhance flavour. Fermented foods and beverages like apple cider vinegar, olives and miso have also been shown to contain health-promoting phytonutrients, especially polyphenols.
These days, modern health science is both validating and continuing to evolve many of the world’s food fermentation methods developed over hundreds of generations. We now have access to a great number of convenient bioavailable, nutrient-dense superfood products.
Our October flyer features savings on fermented foods, drinks and nutritional supplements as well as some of your favourite staple brands.