We’re excited to bring you our first-ever Men’s Health Night Out – a fun evening for men (and women)! In addition to food and drinks, we’ll be providing useful information on health and wellness specifically for men.
Date: Wednesday, November 13
Location: 451 Ottawa Street, Almonte, ON
Featuring speakers: Dr. Elie Klein, Jesse Campbell and Mike Dier
6:45p.m. – Dr. Elie Klein, Naturopathic Doctor & Health Educator
Despite Western medicine’s best efforts, cardiovascular disease is still a leading cause of death. Dr. Klein, naturopathic doctor and health educator, will discuss the most common causes of high blood pressure, cholesterol, and heart disease – and what steps you can take to increase the odds of preventing a heart attack or stroke.
7:05p.m. – Mike Dier, Certified Kinesiologist & Athletic Therapist
Daily nutritional requirements differ as we age, and between men and women. Certified Kinesiologist, Mike Dier, will discuss nutritional strategies to get you (or keep you) on the road to good health.
7:20p.m. – Jesse Campbell, Exercise Coach & Holistic Lifestyle Coach
Regular physical activity helps to maintain a healthy body weight and reduce the risk of many chronic conditions and injuries. Join Jesse Campbell, certified personal trainer, for a discussion on the importance of, and how to, incorporate strength training into your daily routine.
We’re looking for a customer-service oriented person to join our growing team at Dandelion Foods. As Part-Time Store Clerk, your responsibilities would be to ensure the highest level of service possible to all Dandelion Foods customers while assisting in all departments.
We’re looking to fill 20-25 hours/week including afternoon, days, evenings and weekends. If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash coverage
- Stock shelves and displays
- Rotate older stock and review for short-dated items
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs
- Keep backstock areas in order; assist buyer determine out-of-stocks
- Check deliveries to verify piece count and any damaged items
- Help with special orders
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Able to multi-task and remain flexible to the changing needs of the business
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Familiarity with MS Office and Point of Sale systems
- Previous customer service experience
- Team player
Physical Demands of Position:
- Ability to lift/push/pull/carry up to 30 pounds frequently; 30-50+ pounds occasionally
- Manual dexterity with ability to use hands, wrists, and fingers for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, crouch for extended periods of time
- Regular exposure to working in refrigerated and frozen environments
Fast- paced retail floor environment. Required to perform many tasks with emphasis on upholding department and product standards while ensuring a high level of friendly and community-oriented customer service.
Join in the fun where you will learn how to make delicious dairy-free cashew cheese and take home your own Holiday Cheese Log at the end of the evening.
Location: Dandelion Foods, 451 Ottawa Street, Almonte
Date: November 20th, 2019 6:30-8:30pm
Live Blood Cell Analysis is an excellent tool for establishing areas of imbalance and risk factors for future illness.
Sign up for your live cell 25 minute session with Andrea McMurtry for only $45 (taxes incl.). Andrea will be holding regular sessions at Dandelion Foods.
To book an appointment:
451 Ottawa Street, Almonte
Learn more at www.andreamcmurtry.com
There over 100 different forms of Autoimmune (AI) Disease and roughly 60 million North Americans suffering from at least one of them; making AI Disease one of the most prevalent health conditions today.
This presentation will dive into evidence-based, natural approaches to addressing and reversing the 5 root causes that ALL AI diseases share.
The 5 Roots are: Diet, Gut Issues, Infections, Inflammation, Stress
Without you, there would be no us!! Join us on Saturday, October 26 as we celebrate you, our customers, with prizes, discounts and samples.
- 10% off all purchases from 10a.m – 2p.m.;
- Goody bags for the first 25 customers through the cash;
- Samples from a variety of producers;
- Little Mississippi Juice Company – offering insanely tasty and healthy fresh cold-pressed juice, made right here in Mississippi Mills. They make getting your recommended five daily servings of fresh fruit and vegetables a snap!
- Carb Smart Express – Ottawa’s producers of healthy low-carb, paleo & keto friendly foods
- Les Fougeres – all-natural, oven ready, chef-made take home foods made at the award-winning restaurant Les Fougeres, in Chelsea Quebec
- AOR – evidenced-based & research backed nutritional supplements from one of Canada’s most trusted as well as innovative nutraceutical companies. Sampling: Magnesium Synergy
- County Fare – No sugar preserves, ketchup and barbeque sauce made in Prince Edward County
- rND Bakery -Most people struggle with the taste and texture of gluten free bread. Our bakery has developed a rigorous method to create gluten-free bread you will love.
- Progressive Nutritional – A line of supplements and superfoods for you and your family to be vibrant and live younger. Each product is created with the assistance of renowned naturopath Dr. Mikhael Adams B.Sc., ND. Sampling: VegeGreens, Complete Collagen
- Iron Vegan – Range of plan-based supplements that are exceptionally clean and nutritious. Contain no unnecessary fillers or artificial flavours, colours or sweeteners of any kind. Sampling: NEW!! Salted Caramel flavoured Iron Vegan Sprouted protein
- Lorna Vanderhaeghe – Innovative natural health products specifically designed for women’s health needs. Sampling: Active Collagen, Magsmart, Regular Girl
- Pure Lab Vitamins – Replenish your body with Canadian Manufactured natural health products – Magnesium Glycinate, Carbonyl Iron, L-Theanine, Alkapure, Bioactive B, and more!
- Skin Essence – 100% Natural-Organic skin care line specifically created to be a healthy and nourishing alternative for the body’s largest organ, the skin. At Skin Essence, we believe strongly in natural healing and the benefits that nature’s extracts, essential oils and minerals can offer. Sampling: full product line
- more to come!