Dandelion Foods is a worker co-operative, meaning that the business is owned and democratically managed by its four employee/members. This model of business provides meaningful, empowering employment to its members and a healthy, sustainable food source to the community.
Co‐ops around the world are organized according to the seven international principles of
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training and information
- Co‐operation among co‐operatives
- Concern for community
For more information about co-ops, please visit one of the following links.
The Ontario Co-operative Association – http://www.ontario.coop/
Canadian Worker Co-operative Federation – http://www.canadianworker.coop/