We’re still getting some great locally-grown, organic produce delivered weekly, like these deliciously sweet carrots from Terramor Farm. Here’s a great, warming recipe that will let these beautiful carrots shine (and warm your belly).
Creamy, Gluten Free, Vegan Carrot Soup
- 1.5 cups of carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp teaspoon curry powder
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth (gluten free)
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add vegetables, curry powder and broth to soup pot and bring to boil. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then puree in a blender, working in batches if needed.
- Return to the heat and stir in coconut milk until well combined.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cilantro, basil or toasted pumpkin seeds