Week 1: Eat Protein for Breakfast
Protein revs the metabolism and kickstarts your organ systems while also feeding your thyroid.
- Try incorporating whey protein into your breakfast as opposed to eggs. Whey protein is highly bioavailable, concentrated, convenient and delicious.
- PROTEINsmart contains whey protein along with an anti-aging fat called CLA. CLA supports fat loss and lean muscle growth.
- BEAUTYsmart is a great option for those looking for a boost in collagen in addition to whey protein. Collagen is great for muscles, tendons, joints and skin.
- For those looking to benefit from whey protein, CLA AND collagen- switch between BEAUTYsmart and PROTEINsmart every other day!
Notes from our Nutritionist
Dandelion Foods’ own nutritionist, Morgan, has accepted the 8-week Summer Challenge and is providing updates on how she’s finding it. Here’s her notes from Week 1.
I started the chocolate ProteinSMART with CLA with some spinach and frozen blueberries for breakfast. I just mix mine with water and a splash of coconut water. Love it. I am going to add in a second serving during the day to increase my protein.
Want some new ways to get your protein?
- Use vanilla PROTEINsmart to make a PINA COLADA, or STRAWBERRY DAQUIRI (without the alcohol)
- Add the BEAUTYsmart to your coffee or Matcha green tea for a vanilla latte – plus you get the benefit of collagen!
- Make protein popsicles with coconut milk and PROTEINsmart or BEAUTYsmart – put them in the freezer for a protein fueled mid afternoon snack that the kids will like it too!
- Try adding your morning PROTEINsmart to plain Greek yogurt! Yogurt has additional protein as well as a natural probiotic bacteria. Plus, it tastes like you’re having desert for breakfast (tastes like cheesecake!)