Dandelion foods – Supplements Assistant
Dandelion Foods is an independent, employee-owned organic grocer and supplements store in Almonte, Ontario. With a focus on our community, we offer the best in whole, local and organic foods, as well as alternative foods for specialty diets and a large selection of vitamins and supplements.
We’re looking for a customer-service oriented person to join our growing team at Dandelion Foods. As Full-Time Supplements Assistant, you will report to our Manager of Supplements and Health & Beauty. Your responsibilities will be to ensure the highest level of service possible to all Dandelion Foods customers while assisting in the departments of Supplements and Health & Beauty. We’re looking to fill this position immediately.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing excellent customer service, specifically: answering customer inquiries; guiding customers through our wide variety of supplements; making appropriate product recommendations; offering protocol support; and, assisting with dietary suggestions
- Operating cash registers, scales, scanners, and point of sales systems
- Maintaining a professional relationship with our company representatives and co-workers
- Receiving, processing, and organizing inventory
- Prompt communication with management and coworkers
- Cleaning and organizing
- Maintaining excellent product knowledge, including: attending company and product webinars, tele-trainings, and dinner trainings.
- Strong natural health product knowledge
- Post-Secondary Education — preferably Holistic Nutrition, Homeopathy or Naturopathy
- Minimum of one year’s experience in retail, sales and customer service
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a very fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with MS Office and POS systems
- Familiarity with natural foods, grocery industry
Physical Demands of Position:
- Manual dexterity with ability to use hands, wrists, and fingers for extended periods
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, crouch for extended periods of time
Fast- paced retail floor environment. Ability to work well with others while performing many tasks with emphasis on upholding department and product standards while ensuring a high level of friendly and community-oriented customer service.
Please send your resume/CV with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.