Earth Day is April 22, a day for all of us to take a good look at the big and little things that we can do to ensure the future sustainability of our planet. Here’s a few of the little things that we’re doing at Dandelion Foods on a daily basis to do our part:
- We offer you an option of a box or a paper bag to carry your purchases in an effort to reduce single-use plastic shopping bags. Watch for reusable shopping bags coming soon!
- We offer a selection of reusable and sustainable products including beeswax food wraps, stainless steel water bottles, organic cotton produce/bulk bags, snack bags and more.
- Though we wrap our produce in plastic bags, it is to maintain freshness and reduce spoiling. You can bring back the bags for us to recycle.
- You can bring your own container to fill for bulk products, including shampoo and conditioner, nut butters, honey, kombucha, seeds, nuts, snacks, cereals, Epsom salts, herbs and spices and so much more.
- We’re expanding our bulk section to include more products to help reduce packaging. Watch for our bulk cleaning products, coming soon!
We’re making efforts to increase this list every year. Got a suggestion? Let us know!