As a store that primarily sells food items, we will remain open during this current Province-wide Shutdown order. However, we will ensure that the following criteria are met:
- 50% capacity will be permitted
- cleaning and disinfecting protocols are in place
- employees are screened before every shift
- physical distancing measures are in place
- curbside pickup and delivery services are available at no charge (within the Municipality of Mississippi Mills)
For more information on our policies, please contact us
Stress reliever? Comfort food? Scarcity of bread in the stores?
Who knows the reason, but the response is clear – legions of people are using this increased time at home to bake.
Artisan breads, sourdoughs, scones, buns and more! Our customers are in the mood for some baked goodness and we’ve got what you need to bake your next Pinterest-worthy bread creation.
Yeast – Instant Yeast and Dry Active Yeast
- Active dry yeast and instant yeast both help leaven bread and provide an airy, light texture, but they do so in slightly different ways and there’s one major difference in how you use them: Active dry yeast needs to be dissolved in water before using, while instant yeast can be mixed right into dry ingredients.
Flour – all purpose, bread, whole wheat and more
- All Purpose Flour, also known as refined flour or simply flour, is made from wheat grains after removing the brown covering. It is then milled, refined and bleached. It has a light texture and high gluten strength well suited for baking cookies, muffins, bread and cakes.
- Bread flour is a high-protein flour that typically contains between 12 and 14% protein and is designed for baking yeasted breads. The high protein content means that bread flour has more gluten in it, which makes the dough more elastic and light and results in a chewy and airy texture when baked.
- Whole–wheat flour is made from hard red spring or winter wheat, which has a nutty, hearty taste. It provides more fiber and other nutrients than all-purpose flour.
Gluten Free options (many more options)
- Almond flour is made from almonds, which have been blanched and ground to a fine meal that is ideal for gluten free baking.
- Gluten Free All Purpose baking flour is a versatile gluten free flour blend, without xanthan gum or guar gum. Mix is made with a variety of bean flours, starches and other flours.
- 1-to-1 baking flour is a special blend of gluten free flours and starches includes xanthan gum and is ideal for food like cookies, cakes, brownies, muffins, pancakes and more.
Our local delivery and curbside pickup options have proved to be very popular and we’re trying to make it easier for you and for us! (Please see our latest COVID-19 Update here.)
You can now order online using a simple form that is organized by the major departments (e.g. Fruit, Vegetables, Freezer, Dairy, Body Care etc.).
Once your order is ready, we will contact you to clarify any questions and to process your payment over the phone with either VISA or MasterCard. We can typically complete your order within 24 hours.
Delivery slots are available Monday – Friday from 2 – 4pm and curbside pickup is available daily. We will confirm what’s possible when we confirm your order with you.
As we are experiencing a higher-than-normal amount of orders, we ask that you send in your orders by 10am if you’d like to have them filled that day.
For an easy-to-use format for ordering, click here.